What are Branched Chain Amino Acids? What do they do? Why should I use BCAAs?
BCAAs are 3 of the 8 essential amino acids (EAAs). EAAs are classed as "essential" because our body cannot synthesize these amino acids itself, and as a result, they must be consumed through diet or supplementation. The BCAAs are quite unique in comparison to the additional 5 EAAs in a few different areas, one is because they are the only 3 with "branching chains" as the name suggests. The main reason these 3 are so unique is because they are directly associated with skeletal development. By stimulating muscle protein synthesis (MPS), you enable to body to utilise protein more efficiently for repair. This in terms, ensures you are recovering damaged fibers.
Now there are several benefits to utilising a BCAA supplement. These benefits include:
- Preventing muscle breakdown during exercise
- Enhancing muscle recovery after exercise
- Reducing muscle soreness experienced after strenuous exercise
- Improving how the body utilises protein
These are crucial for anyone looking to not only reap any of these benefits, but enhance their overall progression both in and out of the gym.
Check out our top 3 BCAA's below:
- BUY NOW: Axis Labs Amino XTR
- BUY NOW: International Protein Amino Recovery
- BUY NOW: API BCAA Trainer